Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cleaning Up My Act

    In my old home I had a nice large kitchen.  The washer and dryer were in the kitchen directly opposite the kitchen sink.  A year or two before I ended up moving, things started happening that I couldn’t explain.
    First my water just stopped working altogether.  I had a well, so I figured it had run dry.  But the creek was right behind my home, so could that be?  Not knowing what to do I found a nice old man to look at the well for me.  He told me I didn’t need a new well and that what had happened was that it had become sealed by mineral deposits.  He fixed it for me, get this, by shooting a rifle down into the well!  So anyway, I had water again but a lot of laundry and dishes to do.
    Then about a month or two after getting the water back other things began to happen.  One day I’m doing the dishes, again alone in the house, when suddenly my washing machine turns on!  “What the...” I turned around to see what was going on to find not only did the machine come on by itself but the lid was open!  I closed the lid and turned the machine off and continued doing the dishes.  The next thing I know the washer came back on.  I decided SOMEONE wanted me to do the laundry, so I did.  This type of thing kept happening for several months, I think my Guides were trying to tell me something.
    I have never been one that keeps up with household chores well.  I used to let my dishes and laundry build up to the point I HAD to do them to be able to do anything else in the kitchen!  (Not really proud of that but it is the truth.)  Needless to say I’m much better these days with my chores.  I think the old saying may be true, “CLEANLINESS IS NEXT TO GODLINESS!” at least that's what my Guides say.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment